There are two options when it comes to managing your Message board, on or off.
You can have Moderation OFF - When you want to let your audience speak their minds freely without censorship. Leaving the moderation off means as soon as a participant sends a message it will appear straight away for everyone to see.
Moderation OFF gives you 2 simple lists:
- Published - these are the messages that all your participants can currently see. When a new message is sent it automatically comes here.
- Archive - these are messages that have been received but you have chosen to archive from view. Maybe it's not related to the topic of discussion or perhaps it's a question you've already answered.
Moderation On offers greater control over what content you allow your participants to see. Moderation on means that every message sent by a participant will require a review process before the message is made available for people to see.
- Needs Review - this is where all new messages will appear when sent in by participants. This is the first step of the review process where you can decide what to do with the message safe in the knowledge your participants can't see it yet.
- Reviewed - this is an optional second step in the review process. Messages can be placed here if you want a second person involved in the review process. Messages that are off topic can be filtered in the first step so the second reviewer only gets to see relevant messages.
- Published - these are the messages that all your participants can see. If you approve of a message that you want to let your participants see this is where to send it.
- Archive - these are message that have been received but you have chosen to archive from view. Maybe it's not related to the topic of discussion or perhaps it's a question you've already answered.